Faculty of Clinical Sciences:
The faculty of Clinical Sciences is based at Lilongwe and Blantyre campuses. The faculty has a long reputation in the field of Clinical Sciences education and training.
Inadequate and poorly distributed health workers were identified as some of the major constraints in effective and efficient delivery of health services. The growing awareness of the competence and need of Clinical Officers, Dental Therapists and Medical Assistants has eventually convinced most stakeholders on the necessity of these cadres. The faculty responds to these needs and constraints by training Medical Assistants, Dental Therapists and Clinical Officers to match priority-staffing requirements.
The faculty is currently offering the following programmes:
- Diploma and Certificate in Clinical Medicine
- Diploma in Dental Therapy
- Diploma in Optometry
- Diploma and Advanced Diploma in Clinical Ophthalmology
- Diploma in Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) and Clinical Audiology
- Diploma in Clinical Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine
- Diploma in Orthopedics